Monday, March 21, 2011

Bulletstorm - a short review

I enjoy FPS games, but a lot of the latest ones have been to complicated to my taste. Don't get me wrong, I like complicated games where you have a lot of options. I played WoW for 5 years knowing every aspect of the game. WoW is an intricate game, and that's fine for an MMORPG.


But when it comes to the FPS genre, I just want to pick up a gun and shoot bad guys.
I don't want to have to learn a damn talent tree.
I don't want to sit through hours of dialog.
I don't want to have so many options when it comes to customization that I need to google stuff to understand it.


This is where Bulletstorm hits home-run with me. The story is simple, the dialog is ultra-cheesy and very funny (at least to me) and you can skip most cut-scenes. You have some option of customizing your arsenal, but it's very limited and you will get all upgrades down the path anyway.


The "twist" in this game is that you get skillpoints depending on how you kill stuff. Kick them into some electric wires and get bonus points. Set them on fire, shoot them in the balls or pin them on a cactus! A lot of fun stuff and some cool weapons to play with. Skillpoints are used to upgrade your weapons and buy ammo.


And you will probably learn some new curse words listening to the dialog, because they are not holding back on the bad words!

10 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure about this game, but maybe I'll give it a go. I hate convoluted stories as much as the next guy.
    Followed and supported!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anywhere I can get this game cheap??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this game actually does sound to my liking. I heard it got banned in Austria or Australia haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not into FPS games that much, but good review nonetheless! followed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard this was great, will check the game out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post. looking forward to reading your next one

    ReplyDelete